Email, social media and digital marketing: FANTASTIC tools with the horrible side-effect of making people – and I’m not just talking about millennials – HIDE behind their screens.
Which wouldn’t be a problem. Except that personal interaction – with colleagues, clients, suppliers and the public – was still a MASSIVE part of business the last time I checked!
No matter the size of your company or the sector you operate in, personal impact skills are not a nice-to-have but a must-have for your employees – and this obviously goes double for managers or people you have identified as having potential.
However, despite offering awesome products or services, I find that many companies face at least 3 or more of the following challenges. Do any of these sound familiar?
I’ve combined the most powerful bits, the cleverest bits and the get-amazing-results-and-have-people-talking-all-about-it bits from 15 years of teaching personal impact skills. The result is the FACE FORWARD training programme which gives your employees:
– an understanding of personal image and how it can be used to project credibility and inspire trust in others
– the ability to communicate with impact, to exert influence and be assertive when required
– the self-confidence to take responsibility, use their initiative and participate
– the executive presence to manage or lead others effectively and make an impact on everyone around them
The FACE FORWARD programme lights a fire under people’s butts, inspiring them and motivating them. The more empowered people feel the more they WANT to make changes. The more confident they are, the more they are ABLE to. It’s frequently used by companies looking to:
…and the benefits are tangible (aka 4 reasons why you’ll want to run this program before your competitors do!)
– My clients typically experience a growth in sales of 4 to 10% after I work with them: in dealings with clients, suppliers or the public, your company is better represented. Confident, assertive & likeable employees make a far greater impact, ensuring more repeat business and a better bottom line.
– My work has frequently lead to a significant improvement of 18-40% in employee engagement scores: my programme significantly improves team performance. Better communicators get more out of each other on a day-to-day basis, reduce friction in the workplace and inspire loyalty and increased performance from their peers.
– After FACE FORWARD training, mystery visits have often recorded 100% satisfaction scores: Face Forward leads to better individual performance and productivity. Staff who have been empowered are more engaged, take pride in their performance, come to work motivated and enjoy themselves more. They take responsibility, act with initiative, contribute more and have greater pride in the company.
– Following the programme clients have typically been able to promote up to 70% of attendees in a group within 6 months: my training helps you to promote from within. With increased confidence, communication skills and presence, you are more likely to be able to recruit or promote from within the business. Reduced recruitment costs represent a significant saving.
I don’t do talk ‘n chalk. I don’t even always use PowerPoint.
My style is energetic, humorous and packed with exercises and activities. I look to challenge, support and teach people so that they can make real and long-term changes.
In fact, as much as the content, it’s my unique way of delivering training that ensures results. That’s why I will never send someone else to deliver this course. You get me.
– Real and long-term changes don’t always happen in a day (sorry about that!) The optimum way to deliver this programme is over 5 non-consecutive days during an approx. 6 month period (one day per month, with 2 EXTRA one-to-one coaching sessions for each delegate during the course of the programme). This provides vital time for reflection, practice and development which feeds back into future days in the programme.
Day 1. Initiative, Motivation and Goal-setting
Day 2. Confidence, Executive Presence and Image
Day 3. Communicating, Influence & Assertiveness
Day 4. Presenting, Networking & Group Dynamics
Day 5. The FACE FORWARD secret sauce
– If the full 5-day programme isn’t practical, a scaled back version can be delivered over 3 non-consecutive days.
– If you really just want to light people up and get them thinking differently, there’s a jam-packed 1-day workshop that gives just enough to see a visible change in people instantly.
Unlike most courses, this is a training programme that results in a visible change to the positivity and productivity of your staff. It gets people off autopilot and gets them showing up as the best version of themselves. It’s not old-fashioned, demotivating or just flat out patronising (so people don’t call in sick to avoid it!) And it leaves a lasting impact on employees AND your bottom line.
Everything is going so well after working with Jodi…I’m enjoying having the confidence to talk to new people and not feel anxious about it at all. Who would have thought I would ENJOY networking?!”
HANNAH, GUEST EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR
Face Forward has had a really positive impact on me…my presence is much more known in a room now and I feel much more confident in the way that I deliver.”
After a year of maternity leave, I returned to work with my confidence on the floor. Working with Jodi has been a life changing moment. I got a promotion and no longer listen to the negative voice in my head.”
RITA, FINANCIAL SERVICES
Before Face Forward, I wasn’t very confident, especially in my career…I went back into the workplace feeling a lot more assertive, a lot more confident, more productive and a better communicator.”
AMY, SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
I felt that the way I acted and dressed at work wasn’t reflecting who I am in the best way…Jodi looked at me and saw what would work best for me: I learned things about myself that I had never known.”
ANDREW, CLINICAL ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
I felt very uncomfortable going to networking sessions…Now I feel much more confident in terms of approaching people I’ve never met before. I start conversations and feel really comfortable.”
SARAH, HR MANAGER
I love her totally unique style…she’s so personable and really gets you thinking…I now know my value and assert myself in a really positive way.”
LUCY, BRAND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Working with Jodi has been an absolutely fantastic experience…she has great ideas and is great fun to be with. Things I literally hated doing before I now enjoy. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough.”
CAROLYN, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FUNDRAISING